Ryan Homes Building Tips
We have closed and have been moved in for about 2 months now. I figured I should do a "tips" list. Here they are in no particular order.
- They have a tendency not to screw in the sub-floor. If you don't want your brand new house to sound like it is 100 years old, be there when flooring is installed and make sure they put a fair amount of screws in the sub-floor.
- During final walk-through have the PM show you the HVAC dampers. These will come in handy during AC weather and will save you from running around the house opening/closing vents.
- If you are going to mount a TV to a wall have them add extra 2x4's there. It makes life a helluva a lot easier.
- If you can afford the few hundred dollars, get a wider driveway.
- If you have a finished basement be cautious of where they put your Guardian box and where the cable/telephone comes into the house. Mine was placed on the opposite side of the house which caused a war between DirecTV and Verizon. It also created headaches for us as well.
- When they bring in top soil right before seeding they DO NOT remove large rocks. This will hinder you later on if you want to build a deck or patio. Tell the PM you want them removed.
If i think of anymore I will create a second tips post.