Thursday, October 3, 2013

Ugh... more water

More water issues! 


Well here we are again. I gave my son a bath last night and I have water pouring...yes pouring out of my ceiling speaker in the kitchen.  After I removed the speaker and surround it is apparent that the water is coming from right above it, the jetted tub. Now, I have been giving my son a bath in this tub for months now with no other issues (other than the first water issue). The difference tonight is that he turned the jets on while I was getting him ready for the bath and some water splashed out. After a couple hours of troubleshooting with Kathleen, it seems that there is little to no seal (grout or caulking) between the tub and the tile work in the back left corner. We tested with a half cup of water and all of it came right down into the kitchen. Needless to say there will be some more calls made and hopefully this will be the last time for this issue. 

On a side note we noticed that our tub is terribly chipped in a couple corners with caulking placed over them in hopes that we didn't see it. Well it took about 6 months and we found them. I am not sure what the fix is going to be though. 

Lessons Learned:

  • Inspect all grout lines before you close 
  • Troubleshooting yourself with save many holes in your ceiling. I learned my lesson after the 7 hour plumber call a few months ago. That included 5+ holes in my ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment