Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day #7


Day #7 - Getting Excited!



Last night we decided to take a break from packing and take a look at the Milan model again. We needed to get ideas for TV cable placement in the bedrooms, living room & basement. We also wanted to see what recessed lighting looked like in the kitchen and if we needed to tweak them for pendulum lighting over the breakfast bar. As we walked around and went through every room it became clear that this house is HUGE. Over 2580 sq ft not including the finished basement or the garage! 

It is actually a little surreal that I am having a new house built (one of my biggest dreams). I never thought that I would be where I am at this age. Actually, there were a few people that didn't think I would be where I am because I don't have a college degree and/or because I am an only child and don't have "competitive spirit". 

We have our Rusmur Flooring meeting on Monday and our finalization meeting with Ryan on Tuesday! 

Lessons Learned:

  • Visit the model of home you want and look for light placement and also cable placement. This will be crucial for your Guardian appointment.
  • Check your model for fridge size! If you want a huge fridge make sure your model can accomadate it.
  • The Milan is HUGE
  • We have expensive taste 

1 comment:

  1. I like how you post with the Lessons Learned: section.

    ReplyDelete